Credits for life experiences in the ministry are available upon validation of up to five (5) years of full-time service in the fields of Ministry, Christian Education, or Missions. Six credit hours per year of full-time service may be given, not to exceed a total of 30 credit hours. These years of service will be considered only for hours in the Associate or Bachelor degree plans. Experiential Credits can only be given one time for any student.
To be considered for experiential credit, please follow this process:
- List the number of years in the ministry (Pastorate, Christian Education, Missionary, or Evangelist)
- List the number of seminars attended by the dates (years) and class hours you have attended.
- List the number of years of secular training. Be detailed and specific.
- Send a copy and list all certificates of merit and achievement you have received that are not college credits.
- Please use the form below to submit your request for experiential credit.
Texas Theological University & Seminary will respond following this process:
- Credits are based on years of service. Numerous ministries/offices in any one given time span are accumulative.
- Number of credit hours to be given is subject to Administration review. Credit is not guaranteed.
- After the evaluation is made, a copy of your credit from the evaluation will be mailed to you for approval and acceptance.